Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Update on Desperado...

So, the day after this post the boy and I set out to catch ourselves a rodent. Turns out it's easier said than done. Three days/nights and three different types of bait later we finally caught ourselves a mouse.... Turns out that in my greenhouse dill pickle sunflower seeds stuck in a chunk of seven grain bread works better than cheese or organic peanut butter. Who knew?

Two days later I was working in the greenhouse & kept hearing this weird noise. Awe hell.... WHAT is THAT? Yeah, much to my chagrin, Ms. Mouse had made a nest under a pallet of plants. YUK.... DOUBLE YUK! I'm not sure what the difference is.... I can trap a mouse, no problem, but I can not handle the babies *shiver* Thanks goodness, hubby to the rescue. He dug them out & fed them to the fat cat.

I kid you not, the VERY next day, I'm out watering the greenhouse & Desperado shows up again. Hear the whistle from the movie? Yeah, me too. Turns out, I don't think I caught Desperado; I caught one of his concubines. Nice. And the trapping begins again. .....

Last night, though, was a good night. I caught one in a trap. Woo-hoo!! I think I do a little jig now. And when I went out last night to close down the greenhouse, my Moxie kitty was haulin' a big a** mouse out of the greenhouse. (I'll have to post more about her later, she's a rock-star) And I do me haulin', she couldn't lift it completely off the ground, it was so big. YAAAAAAAY! I do think that Desperado went down....

Are ya feelin' lucky punk? apparently not anymore.... ;o) Hooah!

1 comment:

  1. That rodent never had a chance! One question though; Are those organic dill pickle sunflower seeds??

    ReplyDelete